Travel and Meeting Logistics
Getting to Atlanta
The closest airport is Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (ATL).
- Getting to the city by public transit: MARTA provides train service from Hartsfield-Jackson airport to downtown (Red Line to Five Points station, normally 25-30 minutes travel time). Click here for information on costs and routes.
- Getting to the city by car: Cabs and rideshare services are available at the airport. Rides from Hartsfield-Jackson to downtown could run $50 or higher and take up to an hour (or longer, depending on traffic).
Hotel: A limited number of rooms are available at a discounted rate at the Ellis Hotel for $159/night, with conference pricing for March 12-14. The conference block expires on February 19. Other, similarly priced options are available nearby, without discount.
Ellis Hotel ($159/night)
Address: 176 Peachtree Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30303
Distance from Georgia State University: .7 mile / 16 minute walk (map)
Click here to reserve.
Room block expires February 19, 2018.
Getting to the Meeting
Georgia State University Library is located at 100 Decatur St. SE, Atlanta, GA. GSU strongly recommends walking, using public transportation, or taking a cab/ride share to get to the library. To enter Library North, use the stairway under the pedestrian bridge between Library North and Langdale Hall. Click here for information on entering the library.
- Local Transportation: MARTA offers bus and rapid transit options in the Atlanta area, click here for information on costs and routes.
- Parking: If you require parking, please let us know at least one week in advance. Limited parking is available for $7 per vehicle. Click here for more information and directions.
At the Meeting
- On Tuesday, registration will begin at 8:15 a.m. in the main lobby. The entrance is located at 100 Decatur St. The welcome session begins at 9:00 a.m. in the Exhibition Hall in Special Collections. On Wednesday, check in will begin at 8:30 a.m. in the same location (main lobby). The first session begins at 9:00 a.m.
- If you find you are running late, don’t worry! Registration will be open until 10:00 a.m. the first day. After that time, please locate your friendly, neighborhood librarian or staff member and they will direct you to the meeting space.
- Beverages will be available through both meeting days and lunch will be provided on Tuesday, March 13.
- Starting at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, DPLA will host a reception at the Center for Civil and Human Rights located at 100 Ivan Allen Jr. Boulevard, Atlanta, GA 30313. Admission to the museum will be included with the reception.
- The reception will include a bar with two drink tickets provided to each attendee (cash only after that!) and light fare.
Getting to the Reception
- MARTA: Red Line from Five Points to Civic Center Station (two stops, with a short walk on either side)
- Walk: 1.1 miles, about 25 minutes
- Cab or Rideshare: about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic