2021 DPLA Network Members Meeting
IDEAS: Building Inclusion in a Digital Age
This year’s Members Meeting will be held on Wednesday, May 12, 2021, from 10 am to 12 pm CT and 1 pm – 4 pm CT.
IDEAS: Building Inclusion in A Digital Age will bring members of DPLA’s large and growing community together for a day of deep dialogue about the network’s IDEAS work, as well as updates from individual hubs. We are organizing a panel of partners from within the hubs network who can share the challenges, outcomes, and impact of DEI projects they are planning and/or currently coordinating, in addition to other topics of interest to our members like search engine optimization, our ongoing work with Wikimedia, and content curation.
Program topics will include:
- Algorithms and Social Justice
- Making Collections Accessible in Wikimedia
- Progress on the Big Sky Country Digital Network SEO Pilot
- Curation Tools for DPLA Local and breakouts discussion
- Demo of the Aggregation Tool prototype and breakouts discussion
- The dp.la Rights Facet
- Learning about collaborating with underrepresented groups and designing community-driven projects from hubs and partners throughout the network
As always, each member hub is entitled to two free registrations. This year, because our program is virtual and focused on equity and inclusion, we are encouraging Member Hub reps to invite colleagues and collaborators to join us at no cost.
The event will be held as a Zoom meeting rather than a webinar to encourage Q&A, sharing, and “face-to-face” conversations.
Note: The Zoom registration form includes a drop-down for member hub reps. The two reps should select their hub from this drop-down list, which is labeled “If you’re associated with a DPLA Member Hub, please indicate which one below. (optional).” All other attendees (the more the merrier!) can simply note their organization or hub affiliation if they desire in under the field marked “Organization.”
Members Meeting Planning Committee
DPLA thanks the members of the 2021 Members Meeting Planning Committee:
- Tara Carlisle, University of Oklahoma and OKHub
- Jen Johnson, State Library of Ohio and Ohio Digital Network
- Cecily Marcus, University of Minnesota and Minnesota Digital Library
- Kinza Masood, Mountain West Digital Library
- Shaneé Yvette Murrain, DPLA
- Penelope Shumaker, State Library of Ohio and Ohio Digital Network
- Keila Zayas-Ruiz, Florida State University and Sunshine State Digital Network