Taking place at Chicago Public Library’s Harold Washington Library Center on April 17-18, 2019, DPLAfest will explore how libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural organizations across the country leverage technology to serve, inform, and empower communities. Join thought leaders at DPLAfest 2019, where we will showcase projects, ideas, and solutions to ensure that we meet the technological, social, and civic demands of the 21st century and highlight the critical role of libraries—and the DPLA network—in shaping the future of access to digital knowledge. Register today!
For full event details, visit the DPLAfest 2019 event website at https://dplafest2019.dp.la.
DPLAfest 2019 offers an unparalleled opportunity to:
- Participate in cutting-edge conversations about how libraries can use digital platforms to expand their reach, deepen their impact, and empower communities both in-person and online
- Network with fellow change leaders and on-the-ground practitioners across fields and disciplines
- Learn about DPLA’s current and future projects and initiatives
- Get insights into projects and practices from DPLA’s partners, and from outside our network, that employ digital technology in ways that educate, document, and empower people as researchers and citizens
DPLAfest 2019 Highlights:
- Library leaders, developers and technology innovators, and community-based practitioners working in civic engagement, education, community archives, and cultural memory
- One-of-a-kind convening of both local Chicago-based civic, cultural, and technology communities and national network of professionals working to expand access to digital knowledge through cultural heritage, ebooks, and new technologies
- Two days of panel discussions, keynote speakers, and facilitated conversations
DPLAfest Programming Areas:
- Digital Storytelling Platforms and Ebooks, exploring digital platforms for delivery of multiple forms of e-content, including but not limited to ebooks and SimplyE, and new ways in which we might create and deliver content in the future
- Sharing Cultural Heritage and Cultural Memory Collections, showcasing work underway at cultural institutions across the country, including and beyond DPLA’s network of hubs and contributing libraries, archives, and museums, to share, promote, improve, and use digital collections
- Libraries and Technology Innovation, discussing ways that we as a field can ensure that as the world’s knowledge becomes increasingly digital, the civic sector, and libraries, in particular, play a role in ensuring that future platforms, and the policies that will guide their use, incorporate and reflect library values
For announcements about DPLAfest 2019, join our email list.
Explore workshops, images, presentations, and more from past DPLAfests.