The DPLA Curation Corps is a group of librarians, information professionals and library graduate students who develop collections for the DPLA’s ebook projects including the Open Bookshelf, Open eBooks and soon the DPLA Exchange. DPLA relies on the expertise of the library community members who participate in the Corps to create collections patrons will love. Questions? Contact us email@example.com.
Open Bookshelf Curation Corps
Curation Corps members evaluate and curate e-content and offer guidance on the development of DPLA’s Open Bookshelf. Open Bookshelf is a collection of open access content available through the DPLA Exchange, making it easier for libraries to build their open book offerings. As part of the Curation Corps, members help select open access ebook titles that public libraries will find valuable.
- Brianna Furcron, DPLA Curation Corps Team Leader, formerly Special Collections Librarian, State of Arizona Research Library and Archives (AZ)
- Cynthia Bower, Former Librarian, University of Arizona (AZ)
- Carady DeSimone, MLIS Student, Wayne State University (MI)
- Michele Huie, Systems and Cataloging Librarian, Santa Clara County Library (CA)
- Mary Ann Lema, Director, Prairie Trails Public Library District (IL)
- Eve Moekens-Arballo, Digital Imaging Assistant, USC Digital Library (CA)
- Ijeoma Nwatu, Freelance Writer and Editor (MD)
- Amelia Raines, Federal Documents Librarian, State of Arizona Research Library (AZ)
- Emily Rastovich, Media Coordinator, Malabon Elementary School (OR)
- Stacy Tomaszewski, Electronic Resources Librarian, Alameda County Library (CA)
- Erin Vonnahme, MLIS (WA)
- Georgia Westbrook, Open Educational Resources and Instruction Librarian, Touro College (NY)
Open eBooks Curation Corps
DPLA is a proud partner of Open eBooks, an initiative that connects low-income K-12 readers with thousands of popular and award-winning titles for free, with no holds or late fees. Publishers have generously contributed thousands of titles to Open eBooks, which are vetted by the Open eBooks Curation Corps in order to ensure that the project includes books that speak to America’s diverse population and range of perspectives. The goal is to create a compelling and appropriately targeted set of thousands of titles—stories that could potentially spark a lifetime love of reading.
Curation Corps Alumni
Dorothy Berry • Edith Campbell • Elizabeth Davis • Patricia Dollisch • Marianne Fitzgerald • Rob Fleisher • Danielle Guardiola • Alison Hinkle • Dorothy M. Hughes • Emily Kean • Savannah Kitchens • Lucretia Miller • Maura O’Toole • Vandy Pacetti-Donelson • Cecelia Thomas • Hilary Lewis Lackner • Elisha Brookover • Kelly McGorray Roberts • Jessica Zillhart • Catherine DiCristofaro • Colleen Hallfrisch • Eric Hansen • Jennifer Kim Remy • Timbrook Jared Wasson • Catherine DiCristofaro • Colleen Hallfrisch • Eric Hansen • Jennifer Kim • Hilary Lewis Lackner • Remy Timbrook • Jared Wasson • Elisha Brookover • Kelly McGorray Roberts • Bethany Yackin • Jessica Zillhart