The Digital Public Library of America is a nonprofit organization that connects people to the riches held within America’s libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural heritage institutions.
To learn more about internship or employment opportunities at DPLA, join our mailing list, follow our news announcements, and check this page regularly. We always like to learn about dedicated professionals who are interested in joining our team. If you would like to reach out to us to let us know about your background and interests, please use the contact form.
The Digital Public Library of America seeks an associate to manage the day to day operations, which encompasses managing financial transactions, human resources, and internal and external events and meetings.
Initiated in 2010, the Digital Public Library of America works with public libraries, archives and museums throughout the country with a shared goal of providing access to a rich and diverse collection of materials. DPLA has established a national network of hubs that provide the organizational and community structure for participation in the DPLA network. The network represents over 4,000 cultural heritage institutions throughout the country.
The DPLA Operations Associate position will include the following duties:
- Manage day to day operations, including expenses, internal communications, office management, systems management
- Event planning, including quarterly internal meetings, public-facing events, and member meetings.
- Coordinate with external accounting firm to produce financial reports, manage expense reports, and invoicing
- Coordinate annual billing and programing for membership program
- Make necessary updates to website and other online platforms
- Manage Board relations and produce quarterly board reports in conjunction with Executive Director
- Work with external contractors to manage HR and finance processes, and necessary documentation for HR functions
- Continuously develop ways to simplify and drive process improvements and efficiencies.
- Manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Manage complex tasks to completion without guidance
- Work on a team collaboratively
- Work across teams externally and internally
- Independent and confident
- Self Starter, can work with little oversight or direction
- Wiz at excel, gmail, google docs and other web based tools
- Has experience with Quickbooks
- Skills associated with working with a distributed, digital company, including familiarity or ability to quickly learn remote working tools such as Zoom, Google Suite and Slack
- 5+ years of program support experience.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Strong collaboration skills, including a track record of working effectively with senior leaders, both internally and external to organization.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Has worked in start up organization
- Has non profit experience
DPLA is strongly committed to diversity in all of its forms. We
provide a full set of benefits, including health care, life and
disability insurance, and a retirement plan. Starting salary is
commensurate with experience.
About the Digital Public Library of America
The Digital Public Library of America strives to contain the full breadth of human expression, from the written word, to works of art and culture, to records of America’s heritage, to the efforts and data of science. Since launching in 2013, we have aggregated over 30 million items from over 4,000 institutions. DPLA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. Visit https://dp.la.