Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) began with a vision for a national digital library that would be free and open to all. DPLA’s staff and board are committed to carrying this vision forward. Our core work includes bringing new collections and partners into DPLA, building our technology, and managing projects that further our mission through curation, education, and community building. DPLA’s values provide more information about how we aspire to work, and why we do what we do.
DPLA Pro is designed to engage and serve the communities of practice with whom DPLA collaborates to achieve our mission:
- Our Hub Network, which brings together digital collections from thousands of cultural heritage institutions across the country, and our prospective Hubs
- Developers interested in using our API to provide new and transformative uses for DPLA’s data
- The Education community, with whom we work to bring our partners’ content to classrooms
- Our Community Reps – volunteers who help us raise awareness of DPLA in their local communities
- Partners in our efforts to expand Ebook availability for library patrons